NSPR announces schedule changes
So that we can give listeners more access to popular NPR shows, NSPR is announcing a few schedule changes effective Monday, June 27.
We learned earlier this spring that On Being host Krista Tippett will be ending her show. For fans of On Being, Tippett will continue her conversations as a quarterly podcast. You can subscribe to that here. This was the catalyst to look at other schedule tweaks we could realize.
These are the changes you’ll hear:
- Here and Now returns to NSPR, Monday to Thursday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. To accomplish this, we’ll be ending both The Takeaway and The World. Here and Now offers more timely reporting on breaking news. You can listen to The Takeaway anytime here and The World here.
- Weekend Edition will extend to 10 a.m. on both Saturday and Sunday.
- A rebroadcast of The Moth Radio Hour will debut Tuesdays 8 to 9 p.m., replacing the weeknight rebroadcast of RadioLab.
- This American Life will move to 11 a.m. Saturday, and the weekend broadcast of RadioLab will move to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- The weekend rebroadcast of Cultivating Place will slide back to 10 a.m. Sunday, and the TED Radio Hour will air at 11 a.m. Sunday.
- As NSPR shifts its focus to more news coverage, we have decided to remove The Splendid Table from our lineup. You can listen to it anytime on-demand here.
You can see the entire new schedule here.
The new schedule allows for more coverage of live and local news throughout the day, especially during major national and regional news moments, and makes some of our popular weekends shows more accessible.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to me at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.