In the event of an emergency, quick and accurate information is key. Are you signed up to receive emergency alerts in your county?
- Follow your local public safety agencies on social media. Many entities use Facebook and Twitter to share important, up-to-date information with the public.
- Follow along with your preferred local media source — whether it's the radio, newspaper, television, or online. Most news agencies also post daily updates on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Have an emergency preparedness kit ready to go in the event you have to evacuate.
- Try to keep three-quarters of a tank of gas in your car at all times.
- Be aware of road closures that may affect your travel. Have physical maps on hand.