Businesses, organizations, and nonprofits reap measurable benefits when they sponsor North State Public Radio. North State Public Radio is available to more than 600,000+ Northern California listeners throughout an area roughly the size of Ohio. Underwriting on NSPR is a proven way to distinguish your business or organization.
Our combination of on-air acknowledgments and online presence effectively inform listeners — many of whom are difficult to reach via other media — about your business, organization, or event. NSPR represents a large audience of educated, affluent, and engaged audiences available.
On-air and online messaging, highlight businesses and organizations that share in the mission and ethos of NSPR. As a corporate supporter, businesses engage and inform listeners about products, services, and events in the communities we serve, combining philanthropy with marketing.
Benefits of Corporate Support Sponsorships
- Access a Difficult-to-Reach Audience. Public radio listeners represent a concentrated audience comprising educated, affluent and engaged consumers and business decision-makers. Public radio listeners are steadfastly loyal often representing an exclusive audience not accessible via other mediums.
- Create a Strong Emotional Bond with Listeners. 75% of public radio listeners state that when price and quality are equal, they prefer to buy from companies and organizations that support public radio. In addition, 88% of public radio listeners have a more positive opinion of a company when it supports public radio. Long story short, corporate sponsorships create an emotional bond between sponsors and the public radio audience.
- Clarity. Unlike commercial advertising, your underwriting message doesn’t need to compete in a cluttered environment — it stands out and is heard.
- Active Listeners. North State Public Radio listeners don’t just listen — they get involved. They're leaders in their communities. They’re decision-makers — people on whom your message will have an impact.
- Deploy Competition-Free Non-Promotional Messaging. Due to the non-commercial nature of public radio, sponsorship messages tend to stand out and be heard. Airing fewer than three minutes of messaging per hour and no more than two sponsor messages per break, research shows that public radio listeners do not "tune out," listening deeper.
- Combine Philanthropy with Marketing. Public radio sponsorship blends effective marketing and philanthropy. NSPR is recognized as a highly respected non-profit organization supporting the communities it serves while reaching a significant radio and online audience.
Corporate Support Opportunities
- On-air messaging; announcements read live by NSPR hosts
- Digital Tiles
- Streaming Prerolls
For more information about underwriting programming on North State Public Radio, please call Carlos Casarez at 530-368-6650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.