Chico State fallout | Fire Victim Trust survey | COVID-19 treatment plan
The latest North State and California news on our airwaves for Tuesday, Dec. 13.
Students, staff blast Chico State administration following EdSource report
Chico State campus members are blasting the university for not doing more to protect students and staff from a professor who was found to have “had a prohibited sexual affair with a graduate student” and allegedly threatened to shoot colleagues who complained of the affair, according to reporting by news nonprofit EdSource. Read more.
— Adia White, NSPR
Fire Victim Trust survey results to be shared at Butte County Board of Supervisors meeting
Butte County distributed a survey this fall to Camp Fire survivors about their experience with PG&E’s Fire Victim Trust. The Board of Supervisors will discuss the results of that survey at its meeting today in Oroville. The meeting will also be live-streamed on Butte County’s website.
— Jamie Jiang, NSPR
Californians urged to have COVID-19 treatment plan
California’s director of public health is urging anyone over 50 years old to have a treatment plan in place in case they get COVID-19. With a treatment plan in place, people over 50 — who are at highest risk — can avoid hospitalization. The Department of Public Health says the free treatment Paxlovid can reduce the risk of death or hospitalization by up to 90%.
— CapRadio Staff
Some University of California academic workers return to work after strike
Postdoctoral and academic researchers working at University of California campuses have ended their strike and returned to work as of Monday after ratifying new contracts. But there are still over 30,000 workers, student researchers and academic student employees who aren’t working or submitting grades.
— CapRadio Staff
Stories from NPR partner stations are edited by NSPR Staff for digital presentation and credited as requested.
In case you missed it
- Chico State professor's colleague said he talked of mass shooting last year and buying a weapon — EdSource
- Congresswoman reports plan to end federal detention contract with Yuba County Jail — The California Report
- One killed in Millville during winter storm — NSPR
- Leaders cheer Klamath River dam removal plans — The California Report
- Congressmen aim to exempt fire survivors from federal tax payments on PG&E settlement — NSPR
- Redding City Council approves $3.5 million grant application to revamp South City Park — NSPR
- Fit-trail installed at Riverbend Park in Oroville — NSPR
- Chico State suspends professor who allegedly threatened colleagues who complained of his student affair — EdSource
- Chico State professor disciplined for student affair allegedly threatened colleagues who complained — EdSource
Headlines is published every weekday morning at 8:30 a.m. Subscribe onSpotify,Apple Podcasts, and NPR One. Theme song Borough is courtesy ofBlue Dot Sessions.