NSPR aims to bring you accurate and comprehensive fire coverage in the North State. Here you will find all of our fire updates and stories.Our staff will not be providing updates on wildfires between 7 p.m. - 6 a.m. You can stay updated on the latest information by tracking and monitoring fires on social media. To ensure you're alerted if there is an emergency in your area, sign up for emergency alerts in your county, and always have an emergency kit ready to go in case of an evacuation.
Sign Up For Emergency Alerts In Your County, And Other Tips
In the event of an emergency, quick and accurate information is key. Are you signed up to receive emergency alerts in your county?
- Follow your local public safety agencies on social media. Many entities use Facebook and Twitter to share important, up-to-date information with the public.
- Follow along with your preferred local media source — whether it's the radio, newspaper, television, or online. Most news agencies also post daily updates on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Have an emergency preparedness kit ready to go in the event you have to evacuate.
- Try to keep three-quarters of a tank of gas in your car at all times.
- Be aware of road closures that may affect your travel. Have physical maps on hand.