Tonight on “After Paradise” – it’s been 19 days since the Camp Fire began its rampage. Rain is falling on the disaster site, where search and recovery operations continued in an effort to find, in the ashes, the more than 200 people still listed as missing.
In this episode you'll here from:
- Frank Mansell, a spokesman for the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Alexa Benson-Valavanis president and CEO of the North Valley Community Foundation; a local foundation that’s collecting record donations for survivors
- Pennisue Hignell, director of the Northern California Trauma Recovery Network; a group of therapists working to give Camp Fire survivors free sessions of a certain therapy that stops Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder from developing
- Mike Ramsey, the Butte County District Attorney who shares what to watch out for as scams make their way into the post-disaster ecosystem
- Dave Schlom, host of NSPR's Blue Dot, who shares a personally essay about his deep, personal connection to Paradise
We also hope to answer questions from YOU. We have a dedicated phone line for you to leave questions and comments or you can leave them at mynspr.org.
For Tuesday, November 27th, 2018… this is “After Paradise.”