Kiley challenges Jones for District 3 | Candidate forums | Paradise Genealogical Society reopens
The latest North State and California news on our airwaves for Wednesday, Oct. 19.
Interview: Republican Assemblyman Kevin Kiley challenges Kermit Jones for 3rd Congressional District
Republican candidate Kevin Kiley is running to represent California’s newly redrawn 3rd Congressional District. Kiley is challenging Democratic candidate Kermit Jones.
Kiley currently serves in the California State Assembly, representing the city of Roseville and its surrounding areas. NSPR’s Jamie Jiang recently interviewed Kiley about wildfire mitigation, education and climate action. Listen to the interview.
Editor’s note: NSPR also spoke with Jones, the Democratic candidate for the seat. Listen to the interview.
— Jamie Jiang, NSPR
Two North State candidate forums scheduled for Thursday
District 1 CongressmanDoug LaMalfa and congressional hopefulMax Steiner are facing off to represent much of the North State this November. This Thursday they’ll be participating in an online candidate forum. The forum will be combined with another one that includes state AssemblymanJames Gallagher and Assembly hopefulDavid Zink. They’re vying forDistrict 3, which covers the northern Sacramento Valley. Read the full story.
— Sarah Bohannon, NSPR
Paradise Genealogical Society celebrates reopening
The Paradise Genealogical Society Saturday celebrated the opening of a new permanent headquarters after its previous location burned in the 2018 Camp Fire. The nonprofit invites community members to retrace their family histories through research.
— Jamie Jiang, NSPR
Suspect arraigned in string of Stockton killings
The man arrested in connection with Stockton’s serial killer case, 43-year-old Wesley Brownlee, was charged with three counts of murder Tuesday during his first court appearance. Brownlee did not enter a plea and will return to court for further arraignment. San Joaquin County’s district attorney says more charges are expected as more evidence is gathered.
— CapRadio Staff
Stories from NPR partner stations are edited by NSPR Staff for digital presentation and credited as requested.
In case you missed it
- Interview: Democratic House candidate Kermit Jones challenges Kevin Kiley for 3rd Congressional District — NSPR
- Chico’s Measure L addresses public nuisance standards — NSPR
- 3 people arrested in connection with Teichert Ponds shooting, Chico police say — NSPR
- Interview: Democratic House candidate Max Steiner challenges incumbent Doug LaMalfa — NSPR
- A year after the Dixie Fire, forests in Lassen Volcanic National Park are returning — NSPR
- Chico celebrates Parade of Lights for the first time since the pandemic — NSPR
- Group warns of anti-Asian rhetoric ahead of midterm election — CapRadio