Undergrounding in Plumas | UC to hire undocumented students | Water use proposal
The latest North State and California news on our airwaves for Tuesday, May 23.
In today’s episode:
- PG&E begins undergrounding power lines along Highway 70 in Plumas — Jamie Jiang, NSPR
- University of California takes steps to hire undocumented students on campuses — Sunni Khalid, KALW
- California, Arizona and Nevada propose a deal to reduce water use from Colorado River — Jamie Jiang, NSPR
- Judge orders psychiatric evaluation for man charged with fatal stabbings in Davis — CapRadio Staff
In case you missed it:
- Chico police identify third suspect in this month's deadly mass shooting — NSPR
- Gov. Newsom wants to speed up construction on roads and renewable energy projects through a permit reform plan — CapRadio
- What does this month's earthquake mean for the North State? — NSPR
- Environmental bills die in legislative committees — The Associated Press
- Study finds increase in dangerously hot days across the county - including in Chico — NSPR
We changed the format of our headlines newsletter. If you have any feedback or miss the old version, we want to hear from you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Headlines is published every weekday morning at 8:30 a.m. Subscribe on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and NPR One. Theme song Borough is courtesy of Blue Dot Sessions.